Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sick again

I was so excited about making Thanksgiving dinner this year, but as usual, something always has to happen to bring me down. Yesterday I got a fever of 101.6 out of nowhere, and I barely crawled out of bed today. I'm still very weak and hazy, but a couple of Tylenols brought my fever down so I could at least take a shower.

I've also been suffering from cystitis for the past three weeks of so. I get it frequently, but lately it's been a little too frequent, every 6 to 8 weeks. Last night I decided to do some research about cystitis and why I can't get rid of it, and it turns out that a lot of times it's caused by staphylococcus, a nasty bacteria that lives in the stomach. When my boyfriend took me to Niagara Falls for my birthday in May, I got severe food poisoning from a vegetarian dish (staphylococcus is caused by eating unwashed vegetables) at one of the best restaurants in town in the Skylon Tower. I seriously thought I was going to die there, it was terrible. Vomiting, diarrhea and constant urgency even though I had nothing in my stomach, fever and chills at the same time. I tried going to the hospital, but it turns out that Canadian health care is only free for Canadian citizens. Otherwise you gotta pay $500 just to be seen.

Anyway, not only was our [expensive] trip completely ruined, but I still get sicks because some people are too lazy to wash the vegetables they're serving to their customers. I so wish I could sue those assholes, but they never even called back after promising to do an investigation.So if you're even in Niagara Falls, don't eat at the Skylon Tower restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...