Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Prep

I am determined to prepare a whole Thanksgiving dinner for seven persons all by myself this year. I found out that Shop Rite has an app, which I promptly downloaded and began loading up my cart. This way I can just take my iPad to the store and save time. I'm working on a menu and sorting everything out in my head right now.

Also, I've been watching Alton Brown's Good Eats on YouTube like a maniac. Watched two seasons in two days. Have a lot more to see and learn. That guy is a freakin' food genius. I'm really learning a lot, and it gives me the confidence I need to tackle the Turkey Day dinner next week. I'll be following his turkey recipe all the way from season one. You can watch it here. Bad quality and it's split into 4 videos, but at least it's all there, not like 3-minute clips you can find on Food Network's website. If you want to be a good friend, you can get me a Complete Season1 and Season2 from Target :)

In other news, we've placed an offer on that tiny condo and it was accepted. We've got one more to see this weekend, which I feel I won't like. It's twice the size of the other one, but it's also 70 years older, on the second floor of a no-elevator building, and has no laundry on premises. Then we have to make a difficult decision--we're either closing on a gorgeous but really small condo and prepare for a cramped up life, or keep stalking Trulia.com in hopes that a condos will show up on the market that is within our budget, which is nearly impossible to find in Brooklyn, unless there's something really wrong with it (long sentence, eh?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...