Wednesday, February 2, 2011

10 with 5: #6 PBJ Balls

I lied in my previous post. But the weatherman lied too. We didn't get any snow at all today. Instead, there was some freezing rain in the morning, but the temps were in the 30s. I, of course, still stayed in today. My mom, however, went grocery shopping after work, so she got me everything I needed to make today's challenge entry--PBJ Balls.

These are super easy to make, and really fun to eat. There's a texture party going on--creamy peanut butter, jello-y jam, crunchy cereal, and spongy cake. Halfway into the process I remembered that I wanted to add tiny marshmallows, but it was too late, and I didn't have any on hand. Definitely add them if you're making these. Another texture and flavor.


Yields about 2.5 dozen.
You'll need:
A chocolate cake of some sort. I used half a pack of angel food mix.
About 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
About 1.5 tablespoons of your favorite jam
2 cups of frosted flakes cereal.

First thing you have to do is crumble up your cake. Do it with your hand, it's easier and kind of soothing.





Then add your PB




And J




Stir, stir, stir


Crush one cup of frosted flakes, and mix them in

Now take your cookie scoop (mine is 35mm) and get to scoopin'




I ended up with about two and a half dozen of these

Place them into a fridge or freezer for about 30 minutes to firm them up. Then crush the second cup of your frosted flakes and roll your balls in them.

Eat. If you're not going to serve them right away, you might want to stick them back into the fridge because they get soft quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...