Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fish in Soy Sauce

I love the smell of soy sauce. It reminds me of sushi. I haven't had sushi in about half a year because raw fish=bad for me kidneys. Eel and avocado roll is by far my favorite, and I can't have that one either. So I'm left with smelling soy sauce and sighing heavily.

This was my dinner yesterday (and my breakfast today). I over-sauteed the peppers, and you can clearly see that from the pictures. Next time I'll just throw them in later. otherwise this tuned out very delicious.


Yields 4 servings. Prep time 10mins. Cook time: 20 mins.

You'll need:
1 medium-sized onion
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 tomato
2 cloves of garlic
fresh ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 pieces of tilapia fish

1. Cut the onion in half-rings. Begin sauteing in a tiny bit of oil.
2. Cut the peppers (add a green one too for good measure, I just didn't have it) and a tomato julienne-style. Add to the pan once the onions begin to show some color.
3. Cut the garlic and ginger (use the amount you like) in small strips as well and add to the pan once the peppers become a little bit soft.
4. Cut the fish in pieces you're comfortable with. I like smaller ones, plus they cook faster. Lay the pieces on top of the vegetables, pour in the soy sauce (I use low-sodium kind) and close the lid.

The fish will cook for about 10 minutes. After that time, open the lid, lower the heat and let it reduce for about 5 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...