Thursday, March 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Nutella Bars with Coconut

This is a celebratory post to commemorate my blog's first milestone--100th post. I was going to make doggy treats, but most of the recipes call for wheat flour, which I don't have. Then I found a stick on butter on the table, nice and soft, and remembered that I took it out in the morning, but then fell asleep again. So I plugged in my mixer and made these delicious human treats.

Everyone loved them, even my mom who hates peanut butter. My brother said they taste like Reese's cups in a cake form. I disagree, but to each their own.



Yields: 1 dozen of bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes

1 stick of butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tbs of cream cheese
1.5 tbs peanut butter
1.5 tbs Nutella
1/3 cup  milk
1/2 cups coconut flakes
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup AP flour

1. Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the cream cheese and incorporate as well.
2. Break in one egg and mix well.
3. Add the peanut butter and Nutella together. You can change quantities to suit your liking. Mix well.
4. Throw in the coconut flakes and incorporate. Or just skip this step is you don't like coconut.
5. Add the milk. You might need more, depending on the consistency of your batter.
6. Mix the dry ingredients and add to the batter, mixing well.
7. Bake in a 13'' by 9'' baking pan at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.

My brother got a taste before I could even take a picture.
And a picture of my fat cat, just  because

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...