Saturday, November 27, 2010

Old Fashioned Banana-Oat Muffins

Another lonely Saturday night means I'm baking something. My uncle's birthday is coming up and he expects muffins from me, so I decided to test out a recipe or two. I ended up going with the simplest one and it turned out great. I also tried to make it pretty too this time, and I think I somewhat succeeded.

Recipe taken from here. I substituted Orange Juice for Milk because I was out of the latter, and used baking soda instead of powder.

Makes 12 muffins
1 stick of softened butter
3/4 cups of brown sugar
1/2 cup of orange juice
2 eggs
2 bananas, mashed
1 tbsp baking soda
1/3 cups of Old fashioned Rolled oats
1.5 cups of flour

Mix softened butter with brown sugar. When it reaches a uniform mixture add the rest of the ingredients to mate the batter. Once it's done, pour a spoonful of batter into muffin pans, sprinkle with some oats and sugar. Bake for about 20 minutes in a pre-heated 375F oven, or until a tester comes out clean.







Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...